Thursday 02 July 2020
SCRIPTURE: As for man,”his days are as grass”: as a flower of the field,”so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him…Psalm 103″:15-17
Our anchor Scripture likens the flesh of man to grass, especially a person who is without God. This means, everyone you see today, no matter how beautiful, handsome, powerful, influential or popular they are, will one day, wither away like grass. There were people who once appeared so powerful as if they could not bow to the force of death, but they did. People like Idi Amin Dada of Uganda, Muammar Gaddafi of Libya, Adolf Hitler of Germany, etc. all bowed to the force of death.
The truth is, when a man has no relationship with God, he is as a normal natural and ordinary flesh. He is vulnerable, perishable, temporary, susceptible to environmental conditions, and subject to demonic oppressions; he is likened to grass. Grass is one of the weakest plants and can bend to the slightest pressure including even a little wind.
Now, how do you escape the general circumstances of humanity (the flesh)?
1. Be planted in the Garden of God (Psalm 92″:12-13). When you are planted in the house of God,”you will flourish like a palm tree that bears fruit. If you are not connected to God, you are not safe; if you are not saved, you are not safe.
2. Be Exposed to the Rain of the Holy Ghost. If you do not want to dry up, let the rain of the Holy Ghost fall on you constantly. The Spirit of God is like rain to man (Zechariah 10″:1).
3. Be Planted on the Fertile Ground of the word (Psalm 1:1-end).
When you are planted on the fertile ground of God’s Word,”everything you do shall prosper.
4. Be Exposed to the Sunlight of God (Psalm 84″:11). That is,”be exposed to the Presence of God.
Beloved, when you are planted in the garden of God, exposed to the rain of the Holy Ghost, planted on the fertile ground of the word and exposed to the sunlight of God, you will escape every generational calamity associated with humanity.
Remember this”: If you are not saved,”you are not safe.
1. Go over the passage again and make up your mind to obey God’s Word.
2. Ensure that you live with the consciousness of eternity.
PRAYER: Lord,”please draw me close to You every moment of my life. Help me to live for You, Lord, in Jesus’