Thursday 09 July 2020
GoodNews Bible Church
Apostle George Amandi
SCRIPTURE: For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking,”marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” Matthew 24:38-39.
Events around us in the world today confirm that we are at the very end of time as prophesied in the Scripture (Matthew 24). You don’t need to look very far to know that the end of the age is already at hand.
Now, what are the signs that make us to know that we are at the end of time?
1. The Abundance of Iniquity (Matthew 24:12). We live in the world where there is a multiplication of iniquity.
2. Deficiency of Passion or Love for God (Matthew 24:12). It is obvious that some Christians who were on fire for God before are gradually losing their fire.3. Reduction of spiritual Strength (2 Timothy 3:1). Now, there are Christians who stay without fasting or study of the Word; praying is a challenge, and they are comfortable.
4. Abundance of Unbelief (Rom. 11:20). Many people do not believe that the end is near. Many do not believe that heaven and hell are real.
5. Existence for Pleasure (1 Tim. 5:6). Many people exist just for fleshly pleasures and vices – immorality, armed robbery, kidnapping, etc. The flesh has become the god of many people.
6. Blindness to the Reality of Eternity (Matthew 24:38-39).
Many people are living as if everything starts and ends in this world; they are not conscious of the end, neither are they of eternity.
Beloved, having known that we are obviously in the end time, my counsels are:
i. Refuse to be a victim of the season. Refuse to be swallowed up by the plague of the end time (Matthew 24:38-39).
ii. Watch your life. Be on your guard (Matthew 24:42,”1 Corinthians 12:12).
iii. Live ready (Matthew 24:44). Do not get ready, live ready in everything you do.
Remember this: Do not get ready, live ready!
1. Avoid the life style of sin and make demands on God to help you live for Him.
2. Live with the consciousness of eternity every day.
PRAYER: O Lord, draw me closer to Your Heart. I receive the grace to please You in everything I do, Lord, in Jesus Name.
Thursday 09 July 2020